Monday, November 5, 2012

15 Minute Home Challenge

What can YOU get done around your home in a measly 15 minutes? A LOT!

Here's the rules:
1. Decide which task or tasks your going to tackle.
2. Set a timer for 15 minutes.
3. Work without distraction for those 15 minutes. No calls. No texts. No social sites.
4. STOP when the timer goes off and report on your social network what you were able to get done. Add a pic if u want! Be sure to hashtag #15mintask. & tell people to get the info here on my blog!

If you have the time and energy to keep working, then by all means, do so! But the goal is to not avoid tasks because you feel overcome by the enormity of it. It's ok to STOP & resume later. A messy, stinky, cluttered house doesn't feel like a home. We show respect for ourselves, our children, our spouses and our friends when we create a clean environment.

It's ONLY 15 minutes! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! :-)

1 comment:

  1. I was determined to give this a try and I absolutely love the idea. I often come home too tired and EVERYTHING that needs to be done just sorta screams at me and makes me run the other way until I have more energy. The problem with that is ... well, I never have time to do these daunting tasks when I have all of the energy I need. So, today I decided I will set the timer and give one task 15 minutes of my time before I do anything else when I get home. I made the idea into a game and tried to race the clock to see just how much I could finish before the buzzer buzzed. At the end of 15 minutes I was utterly amazed at the accomplishment I was able to see. I will be doing these daily ... perhaps two or three times a day as time allows. It is kinda like tricking the mind and body ... Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete