Monday, April 29, 2013

TRUST, Prayer & Fasting, Day 1

Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the Lord ! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! (Habakkuk 3:17, 18 NLT)

When life is bare, void of beauty and emotional nutrition, it is possible to still yet "rejoice in The Lord!" It is possible to CHOOSE to rejoice, not in the gifts, but in the God of your salvation.

I will give you one more chance to bow down and worship the statue I have made when you hear the sound of the musical instruments. But if you refuse, you will be thrown immediately into the blazing furnace. And then what god will be able to rescue you from my power?” Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego replied, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty. But even if he doesn’t, we want to make it clear to you, Your Majesty, that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up.” (Daniel 3:15-18 NLT)

Both of these passages of scripture demonstrate TRUST in God rather than dependence on a miracle.

In this time of prayer and fasting we will most definitely ask and believe God for miracles. But I want us to start with TRUST.

Our attitude must be, "I know you're able. I'm asking for this miracle. But even if you do not do or give what I ask, I will never serve other gods. I will never leave you, God."

The SAME trust we expect from God... That he will NEVER leave or forsake us. We should allow God to have that same confidence and trust in US!

In your prayer time, even throughout the day, say this multiple times out loud. Besides God hearing you say it, let the atmosphere hear you say it. Allow your own ears to hear you say it.

"I'm trusting that you, God, know what's best. But I'm also pledging that you, God, can trust me to not bow to the pressures of the fiery trials."


Try this link for information about fasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment